Trixi Blumschein Physiotherapy is located in Rondebosch, Cape Town. We cover a broad range of physiotherapy services, and specialise in Adult Neurological and Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, as well as Sports Injuries.
In addition to our treatment of common conditions and physiotherapy needs, our specialisations include:
- Neurological conditions such as Stroke; Parkinson’s Disease; Multiple Sclerosis; Alzheimer’s disease; Spinal injuries; Polyneuropathies; Motor Neuron Disease; and Peripheral nerve damage
- Orthopaedic conditions, both acute and chronic, covering injuries or pain of joints, muscles, and the spine; posture-related problems
- Sports injuries – from acute up to full rehabilitation
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Balance problems
- Temporal Mandibular Joint (TMJ) problems
- Chest conditions such as Bronchitis, Pneumonia and COPD
- Home visits and nursing home treatments
We take a holistic approach to each of our clients, ensuring that during our initial assessment we get to the root of the condition. Our treatment techniques for Neurological conditions include the Bobath Concept; Motor Relearning; and Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation. For Orthopaedic conditions and sports injuries, our techniques include: Manual Therapy (also known as Maitland Therapy); Mulligan Techniques; Cyriax Techniques; Dry Needling; and Individualised strengthening and conditioning programmes. You can click on the highlighted techniques for a full explanation.